Any amount of alcohol consumption can have risks for your health. In this video, Dr. Sophiya Benjamin talks about Canada's Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines, what a 'standard drink' is, and how following the guidelines can help to reduce both the short- and long-term risks of alcohol use.
Learn the answers to the following questions:
- What are Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines?
- What is a 'standard drink'?
- How does alcohol affect us as we age?
- What are the risks of alcohol consumption for older adults?
- How can medications and alcohol interact?
- What strategies promote low-risk drinking?
- How can people address problematic drinking?
Download our summary of Canada's Low-Risk Drinking Guidelines, including advice for those 65 years of age and older. Low-Risk Drinking Summary