In this video, Dr. Parminder Raina discusses the recent findings on the mental health impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on middle-aged and older adults. Hear how loneliness, caregiving, and family conflict are associated with a higher likelihood of depressive symptoms and how these symptoms persist and may worsen over time.
Learn the answers to the following questions:
- How has the mental health of older adults been impacted by the pandemic?
- What social factors have been found to have an impact?
- What role do loneliness and family conflict play?
- What research helped to understand this?
- What interventions can help?
Want to test your knowledge? After watching this video take this quick 5-question quiz.
Give us your feedback with this 2-question survey.
Browse all video posts.