Seborrheic dermatitis is a common rash characterized by redness, scaling or flaking, or itching. It mainly affects the skin on the scalp (as dandruff), face, chest and joints. When adults get seborrheic dermatitis, the condition can come and go for the rest of their life. Flare-ups are common with weather changes, and other factors such as stress can also be a trigger. Proper treatment can reduce flare-ups and bring relief. In this video, Dr. Hermenio Lima talks about the different causes and treatment options for seborrheic dermatitis.
Learn the answers to the following questions:
- 1:35 - What is seborrheic dermatitis?
- 5:44 - What are some other similar terms?
- 10:07 - What causes seborrheic dermatitis?
- 15:27 - What are the treatment options?
- 24:27 - What about other types of dermatitis?
- 28:24 - When should you see a specialist?
Want to test your knowledge? After watching this video take this quick 4-question quiz.
Give us your feedback with this 2-question survey.
Browse all video posts.