Frozen shoulder, also known as adhesive capsulitis, is a painful condition that can be triggered by an injury or surgery and can be associated with certain conditions such as diabetes, thyroid problems, and Parkinson disease. In this video, Dr. Raj Carmona discusses what causes frozen shoulder, the three distinct phases, and the range of treatment options, including the evidence for the use of steroid injections. Meet Glenda and find out what advice Dr. Carmona has for her.
Learn the answers to the following questions:
- 1:44 - What is frozen shoulder?
- 3:10 - Can it recur?
- 3:28 - What are the causes?
- 5:34 - How is frozen shoulder diagnosed?
- 8:29 - What are the treatment options?
- 13:01 - Can steroid injections help?
- 15:54 - What advice is there for Glenda?
Want to test your knowledge? After watching this video take this quick 5-question quiz.
Give us your feedback with this 2-question survey.
Browse all video posts.